Saturday, October 1, 2016

Essays 1119

http://www.english312.com/describe-what-makes-you-happy-and-explain-why.html

Describe what makes you happy and explain why.

It is human nature to long for a happy life. Carrying out activities that we enjoy bring us happiness and joy. There are a lot of things that make me happy and the top three are hanging out with my family and friends, reading and spending time with my pet cat Ginger.
I come from a medium-sized family that comprises five members. My elder brother and sister are married and currently residing in Singapore and Australia respectively. My parents are real joys to me as they are both loving and caring. When my older siblings come back home during the holidays, all of us would go on a sightseeing tour of the tourist attractions in Malaysia. Since we have strong family ties, we not only share our happy moments but assist one another to solve problems too.
I enjoy hanging out with my intimate friends or ‘BFFs’ - Zoe, Kate and Mia. On a typical Saturday or holiday, we visit the library to borrow books. We then head for the swimming pool, where we have a lot of fun playing and laughing. After that, we go to a shopping center to have lunch, shop, and possibly watch the latest film. We usually hang out until evening as that makes us happy and relaxed.



Reading is one of the hobbies that I enjoy the most. Through reading the newspaper, I not only know what is happening all over my home country but also abroad. Apart from that, I am also able to improve my language standards and perform better in examinations. Besides the papers, I also enjoy reading storybooks with captivating plots. Mystery and detective novels with interesting and unpredictable plots totally engross me. To me, reading is both entertaining and rewarding.

Due to the fact the I have a soft spot for animals, especially cats, spending time with my pet cat Ginger gives me a lot of pleasure. I found him under my father’s car one morning about two years ago. Mewing pitifully, he appeared skinny and hungry. I took pity on him and fed him some food. After his meal, I bathed him. I was glad that my mother allowed me to keep Ginger, which turned out to be an affectionate cat. Besides that, he is also a close companion and an excellent hunter.
I am glad to be blessed with my family, friends and cat. I consider myself fortunate and I enjoy every quality moment that I spend with them. I will most probably continue to pursue the hobby of reading as it is extremely beneficial. Since my life would be boring without them, I will always cherish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment